The decision to get a professional profile picture raises immediate questions like:
- How to find the right photographer for me?
- How much will it cost?
- Is the price really worth it?
Wikipedia’s definition: “A head shot or headshot is a specific type of portrait (usually a photograph) that realistically demonstrates a person’s appearance for branding or casting. Many head shots are promotional pictures of actors, models, authors. Headshots could be a portrait of a face or full body with a background that clearly illustrate the personality inside the person photographed.”
Headshots’ origins comes from a need to create a showcase display to person, like actors who cannot promote themselves without one.
In todays market, professional headshots are already an integral part of many more industries an professions, like real-estate, law, marketing, human resources and more. We can also see a coloration between the growth of companies like LinkedIn, Facebook, Fiverr etc. and the growth in the professional headshot industry. However, not much has changed in the way headshots are “served” and obtained, the prices are still steep, and you would still have to book an appointment in a proper studio.
"Why is it so expensive? it's just a photo!" You might tell yourselves, and rightly so.
The answer for that question is 3 folded:
1) The Over-heads: Your photographer probably pays rent and utilities in order to keep his studio running.
2) The Volume: The more headshots you have booked for one day the lower the price can get.
3) The Alternative: Most photographers dont specialize in headshots, in fact, taking headshots is considered a side source of income. If the alternative for booking a headshot session is booking a wedding job that will generate a $2000 profit, there’s little chance a busy photographer will book your headshot for less than $350-$450.
When was the last time you heard about a friend getting tenure? Jobs are no longer for ever as companies avoid, more than ever, hiring full time employees, and the term “Temp” or “Contract hiring” becomes the majority of hires.
This outsourcing culture, forces employees to offer their talents to all on sites like Fiverr, Envato and more, Basically replacing having one boss at the office with hundreds of clients on the world wide web.
This huge trend makes all these talented employees become a bushiness that needs a showcase display (headshot) as they compete with other very capable specialists.
Here’s what makes Simper so valuable in saving your dollars:
- We use Mobile-Studios so our clients wont have to pay for our rent and utilities.
- We specialize in headshot photography which means we are always available to take your headshot.
Contact us today and get your new professional headshot without reaching deep into your pockets!